Introduction of BSF Course :-
BSF Full form >- Border Security Force
The BSF course is based on the learning objectives of the BSW degree, with the addition of more depth in the field of human resource management.
The Business Studies for Social Good (BSSF) course is a joint venture between the Department of Social Sciences and the Department of Business Education and Research, University of Cape Town.
The Border Security Force has its headquarters at New Delhi and is known as Force Headquarters (FHQ) headed by a Director General. Various directorates like Operations, Communications & IT, Training, Engineering, General, Law, Provisioning, Administration, Personnel, Armaments, Medical, Finance etc. function under the DG. Each directorate is headed by an IG.
The Eastern Theatre is looked after by Spl DG HQ (Eastern Command) at Kolkata and the Western Theatre is looked after by Spl DG HQ (Western Command) at Chandigarh. Field Formations in BSF are headed by an IG and are known as Frontiers Headquarters (FtrHQ).
There is 13 such Frontier under which Sector Headquarters (SHQ) function headed by a DIG each. Each SHQ has under its command 4–5 infantry battalions, along with attachments of artillery, air and water wings. Presently 186 battalions are sanctioned to BSF.
Five major training institutions and ten Subsidiary Training Centers (STCs) are imparting ab-initio as well as in-service training to its ranks and other CPOs/SPOs including IPS Probationers.
What is the roll of BSF ?
The tasks of BSF are — promoting a sense of security amongst the people living in the border areas, preventing trans-border crimes and unauthorised entry into or exit from the territory of India, and preventing smuggling and any other illegal activities.
Qualification needs for BSF Course
Candidates should have passed class 10th or above from a recognized board or university. Not percentage criteria is needed for constable GD. Height: required for male candidate is 170 cms and for female is 157 cms. Chest: required for males without expansion is 80 cms and with minimum expansion of 5 Cms.
Subjects for BSF Constable Course
Name of Post For BSF
Group B & C
Pilot, Engineer, and Logistics Officer
Syllabus for BSF :-
Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Documentation, Trade Test, Written Examination and Detailed Medical Examination (DME) Status. Syllabus Available. Subjects covered in the BSF Constable Syllabus include General Awareness, Elementary Maths, Aptitude, and an understanding of Hindi and English
- General Awareness,
- Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- Paper will also include questions on Modern History of India,
- Geography of India.
- Indian culture, Indian Polity,
- Indian Economy,
- Elementary Maths
- Time & Work,
- Time & Distance,
- Tables & Graphs Profit & Loss,
- Discount, Simple & Compound Interest,
- Ratio & Mensuration,
- arithmetical computation and other analytical functions,
- Venn diagrams,
- Question will be asked from analogies,
- similarities and differences,
- Relationship concepts and Ability to observe and distinguish patterns.
- Understanding of Hindi and English
- Sentence Completion,
- fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc),
- Sentence Structure Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words.
Exam Pattern of BSF Course
|CATEGORY||SUBJECT NAMES||NO OF QUESTION||MARKS|
|Part – A||GK & Awareness||25||25|
|Part – B||Reasoning||25||25|
|Part – C||Numerical||25||25|
|Part – D||Trade Awareness||25||25|
BSF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BSF Assistant Commandant is in the official notification, and each candidate needs to satisfy the given eligibility criteria to apply for the examination.
BSF Group B & C Exam Pattern – HC (Master, ED, WKSP) & CT (Crew)
|Category||Topic Names||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part – A||GK & Awareness||35||35|
|Part – B||Reasoning||35||35|
|Part – C||Numerical||50||50|
The BSF eligibility criteria include:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Male and female, both candidates can apply
- Age: Candidate must be between 20 to 25 years of age. However, age relaxations for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and Persons with Disability.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from any Institute defined by the Act of State or Central Government. Or the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a Deemed to be University.
The eligibility criteria also involve the physical standards of the candidate. Any candidate willing to join the Force needs to meet the below given physical standards:
Top Institute For BSF Course
Salary of BSF
The in-hand salary of BSF Constables is Rs. 23,527. The average BSF Constable salary in India is 2.5 Lakhs to 6.5 lakhs per year for employees with experience between 5 years to 20 years
Read also :-New SBI Exam Syllabus : Now in Online